Dianne Reeves is an extraordinary jazz singer who is as comfortable on stage as she is in her albums, and also a Grammy Award winner.
She is one of the most important jazz singers of our time.
I remember is the 6th album released in 1991 after Welcome to My Love (1982), For Every Heart (1984), Ballerina with Marcy Levy (1984), Dianne Reeves (1987), The Nearness of You (1988), Never Too Far (1989).
- Chris Severin, Charnett Moffett, Bass
- Billy Kilson, Marvin Smitty Smith, Terri Lyne Carrington, Drums
- Bill Summers, Luis Conte, Ron Powell, Percussion
- Justo Almario, Saxophone
- Billy Childs, Donald Brown, Mulgrew Miller, Piano
- Greg Osby, Alto Saxophone
- Kevin Eubanks, Acoustic Guitar
- Ron Powell, Wind Chimes
- Dianne Reeves, Vocals
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Mad Hatter Studios
- Mixed At – Mama Jo’s
- Mastered At – K Disc by John Golden
This album includes 9 tracks :
1: Afro Blue
2: The Nearness Of You / Misty
3: I Remember Sky
4: Love For Sale
5: Softly As In The Morning Sunrise
6: Like A Lover
7: How High The Moon
8: You Taught My Heart To Sing
9: For All We Know
We will review 5 editions (Vinyl 1991, Vinyl PPA 2012, Vinyl 2014, CD, Cassette) of this album.
First we will analyze each edition in detail (technical and qualitative analysis) then we will compare the successive editions with their dynamics and assign a final score and you will be able to listen some samples.